Saturday, June 7, 2014

SNOW BUDS

Snowbuds by McKenna Ryan are adorable. I am doing them using raw edged appliqué. Batiks are the perfect fabric for raw edged appliqué because the thread count in them is so high, which means they won't fray like other cottons might.
This block is waiting for the embellishments to go on. My first block is actually block # 7. I chose to jump ahead and do this one.

Snowbud block # 7



The patterns may be purchased at Mrs. P's Quilt Shop in Amherst, NS. She also sells the embellishments and precut fabric kits for each block as well.
I chose the block of the month method to do these blocks. It includes pattern, embellishments and fabric needed to do each block.
I will be at Mrs P's on Wednesday, June 11th from 10:30 til 3 to help introduce the Snowbuds to everybody, so feel free to drop by.

On Wednesday I will backtrack and work on block one. My goal is to do all nine blocks and work them into a winter art quilt to hang on the wall. Hope to see you there. It is an open sew day at Mrs. P's and space is limited, so call ahead or email her to reserve your spot.
Snowbud block # 1

1 comment:

  1. This is just a fabulous quilt and I love that you chose to jump ahead to block no 7... I do that too sometimes! Love your work Christine.

    ReplyDelete